Many tech companies and professionals use artificial intelligence (AI) tools to automate repetitive tasks, improve decision-making, and analyze data. AI solutions give employees more time to focus on tasks that require human ingenuity, such as designing powerful software and interacting with clients and stakeholders.
As more industries turn to generative AI and tools like ChatGPT, businesses must integrate the best AI productivity tools into their tech stack to remain competitive. Read on to learn more about the best AI tools of 2023, how they can help boost developer productivity, help you create more effective teams, and how companies can leverage AI to enhance product goals.
How Can AI Tools Help Boost Productivity?
AI is a machine's ability to perform the decision-making and problem-solving capabilities of the human mind. There are several subtypes of AI, including:
- Machine learning (ML) uses algorithms and data to imitate human learning. Developers create ML algorithms using frameworks such as PyTorch and TensorFlow to accelerate solution development.
- Deep learning is a type of ML based on artificial neural networks. It simulates the human brain by "learning" from large amounts of data. Deep learning drives many automation services, such as voice-enabled TV remotes, digital assistants, and self-driving cars.
Many companies use AI tools to boost productivity in the following ways:
- Automate repetitive tasks: AI can automate many repetitive and mundane tasks, such as generating code and functions.
- Streamline workflows: Development teams can use AI tools to manage tasks, make decisions, collaborate with other departments and teams, assign roles, share feedback, track time, analyze performance, and prioritize goals.
- Accelerate and simplify documentation creation: Creating tech documentation can be time-consuming and daunting for developers. AI tools can accelerate documentation creation by improving tone, syntax, grammar, writing, and spelling. Users can also use them to summarize texts, translate languages, and paraphrase sentences.
Below are some of the top AI tools companies can use to boost team productivity in 2023.
ChatGPT is a large language model-based chatbot launched on November 30, 2022, that has since taken the world by storm. This AI-powered tool can analyze prompts and produce words that it thinks will best answer your question based on its training data.
Development teams can use ChatGPT to answer questions and create content, including code, emails, documentation, and reports. It is one of the best Artificial Intelligence tools in 2023, free for developers.
Currently, ChatGPT offers two models: GPT-3.5 and GPT-4. GPT-3.5 is the default model available to the public for free. The more advanced GPT-4 is only for ChatGPT Plus subscribers.
Like many other AI tools, ChatGPT is not always accurate. It may generate false information — hallucinations — when asked specific questions. For example, if you tell ChatGPT to give you a citation for a medical or legal article, it may cite an article that does not exist.
That said, ChatGPT provides many attractive features for developers, including:
- Writing and debugging code
- Writing stories, essays, and other written content in response to prompts
- Translating and summarizing text
- Simulating chat rooms
- Answering test questions
Tabnine is an AI code completion tool. Like a cellphone's autocomplete function, it boosts productivity by auto-completing code. As developers type, Tabnine predicts and suggests their next line of code based on syntax and context. If the developer likes the suggestion, they can accept it and move on to the following line of code.
Tabnine stands out from many other AI code completion tools for several reasons. For one, it ensures your code remains private, safe, and secure. Tabnine also lets you connect AI models to your organization's codebase to improve code suggestions.
Tabnine is user-friendly, secure, and compliant with regulations. It provides many productivity features, including:
- Whole line code completion
- Natural language to code
- Full-function code completion
- Training to use your code repositories
- Understanding of your coding style and patterns
3. GitHub Copilot
GitHub Copilot is an automatic code-generation tool developed by OpenAI and GitHub. Trained using billions of lines of public code, it can turn natural language prompts into coding suggestions in multiple languages. It can also describe code in English and translate code from one programming language to another.
Developers can use GitHub Copilot to code faster, focus on business logic, and spend less time creating repetitive code patterns. They can also use GitHub Copilot's code-to-English translation feature to navigate unfamiliar coding languages and frameworks.
GitHub Copilot is currently available by subscription to businesses and individual developers.
GitHub Copilot is powered by the OpenAI Codex, a modified version of GPT-4 trained on additional gigabytes of source code in multiple programming languages.
Due to its powerful features, many well-known companies have adopted GitHub Copilot, including Duolingo, Coca-Cola, Stripe, Shopify, and Mercado Libre.
GitHub Copilot provides many attractive AI features, including:
- AI-based suggestions that account for style and context
- The ability to import libraries quickly
- Code-to-English translations and explanations for faster learning
- Integration with popular editors, such as Visual Studios, JetBrains integrated development environments (IDEs), and Visual Studio Code
- Strong privacy features
- Contextual explanations and suggestions for unfamiliar codebases
QuillBot is a suite of AI writing tools for developers and other employees. It uses natural language processing (NLP) to help people write faster and smarter. Specifically, it helps writers develop new phrases and improve their content's fluency, quality, and clarity.
Developers can use Quillbot to restructure and rephrase clunky sentences. This way, they can focus on top-tier content creation.
QuillBot doesn't just suggest synonyms. It tries to understand the meaning and context of the original text and uses AI to create effective paraphrases. It also continuously learns and develops through user feedback.
Attractive QuillBot features include:
- Seven modes for paraphrasing, such as Standard, Fluency, Academic, Formal, and Simple
- Increased and decreased numbers of synonyms
- Editing in English, French, Spanish, and many other languages
- Grammar checker
- Plagiarism checker
- Co-Writer, a next-generation word processor that helps you write faster and better
Mintlify is an artificial intelligence documentation writer. Development teams can use it to enable continuous documentation of projects. It sets up automations and rules to ensure development teams can easily write, track, and manage documentation.
Developers can use this tool to help:
- Generate documentation by highlighting code
- Quickly understand complicated functions
- Generate comments to understand what another coder's function is doing
Mitlify's AI software was founded by software engineers aware of the problems associated with outdated or incomplete documentation. As such, the AI tool has an array of powerful documentation features for developers.
Mintlify's best features include the following:
- Lightning-quick documentation generation
- In-built analytics that helps teams understand how users engage with the documentation
- MDX, a syntax that combines React and Markdown. This enables writers to employ plain text while adding interactive elements such as diagrams, code snippets, and videos.
- A customizable and responsive user experience
Otter.ai uses AI to generate meeting notes with real-time transcription, slide capture, recorded audio, and meeting summaries. It was trained using millions of hours of audio recordings.
Developers can use it to write notes and summarize meetings quickly and efficiently. Otter.ai makes it easier to create accurate meeting records, improves the participation of people who are hard of hearing or multi-tasking, and improves teams' ability to work asynchronously.
Famous Otter.ai clients include Zoom, Dropbox, IBM, and Rakuten.
Otter.ai is accessible online through a Chrome browser extension and iOS or Android apps.
Otter.ai provides an array of features, including:
- Automatically generated live summaries that let developers catch up on anything they've missed
- The ability to collaborate with teammates in live transcripts by highlighting key points, commenting, and assigning action items
- Integrations with Google and Microsoft calendar
- Automatic recordings on Zoom, Google Meet, and Microsoft Teams
7. DeepCode AI
DeepCode AI was created by Snyk, a well-known cybersecurity product developer.
Built and refined by top researchers, DeepCode AI was designed to spot and fix vulnerabilities and manage technological debt. It also boosts productivity by empowering developers to build fast while staying secure.
Unlike ChatGPT, DeepCode AI uses multiple AI models and security training sets to secure applications. This ensures high accuracy without hallucinations.
DeepCode AI uses multiple AI models to help developers write cleaner code. It also boosts codebase quality by using ML to identify and fix code flaws. DeepCode works with 11 programming languages and boasts 25 million data flow cases.
Key features of DeepCode AI include:
- One-click security fixes
- Comprehensive app coverage
- Security and compliance — DeepCode AI is built and refined by training data from open-source projects (never customer data)
8. Amazon CodeGuru Security
Amazon CodeGuru Security is an AI-powered code review tool created and managed by Amazon Web Services (AWS).
As a static application security testing (SAST) tool, Amazon CodeGuru Security combines automated reasoning and machine learning (ML) to:
- Spot areas for code optimizations, security vulnerabilities, and bugs
Provide recommendations for fixing issues
- Tracking vulnerabilities' statuses until closure
Developers can use Amazon CodeGuru to speed up the software development lifecycle (SDLC), optimize app performance, and reduce manual code review efforts.
Amazon CodeGuru is application programming interface-based, and it is available via various technologies, including IDE plugins and direct integrations with major continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) technologies such as GitLab and BitBucket.
Key features of Amazon CodeGuru include:
- The ability to detect vulnerabilities at any SDLC stage
- Integrations with popular IDEs such as Visual StudioCode and Eclipse
- No need to provision virtual machines (VMs)
- An automatic bug-tracking AI algorithm that ensures developers have up-to-date information on their company's security posture without additional effort
9. Amazon CodeWhisperer
Amazon CodeWhisperer is an AI-powered code generator. Trained on a large dataset of open-source code, it offers developers real-time code recommendations directly within their IDEs. It can flag and note references to code and remove code suggestions that resemble open-source training data.
CodeWhisperer boosts productivity by automating repetitive tasks and provides suggestions based on industry standards and best practices.
Amazon CodeWhisperers shares many features with GitHub Copilot. It is best used with Amazon CodeGuru and is part of the Amazon Web Services IDE Toolkit.
Key features of Amazon CodeWhisperer include:
- Compatibility with multiple IDEs, including Amazon SageMaker, AWS Lambda console, and JupyterLab
- Real-time code suggestions
- Security scans and reference tracking
- An Individual Tier free for individual use
Replit is an online development environment that lets developers build collaboratively through the power of AI. It allows developers to write code with Ghostwriter, an AI-powered pair programmer. Replit accelerates the SDLC by offering coding suggestions and quick deployment solutions.
Replit works on any device and is easy to set up. It offers the following features and more:
- A proactive debugger fully aware of your coding style
- Instant start to projects created with any framework or programming language
- Projects deployed in a few clicks
Built-in live collaboration on any device
- Step-by-step tutorials that teach you how to build different projects, such as Robto NFT, Discord role bots, and static site generators
AskCodi is an AI code assistant that helps write code faster with less effort. It provides various applications for unit test creation, code generation, conversions, and documentation.
Developers can use AskCodi to avoid repetitive work and free up more time for development and execution.
Like ChatGPT, AskCodi provides conversational assistance, offers suggestions, and answers prompts. It works for over 50 languages and frameworks.
Standout features include:
- Support for popular languages and frameworks, including WordPress, Typescript, Python, Java, and MySQL
- Conversational assistance to enhance user experience and support different tasks
- A Jupyter-style workbook for explaining and documenting code
- Availability as an extension for IDEs such as PyCharm and VS code
- Support for multiple natural languages apart from English, including German, Spanish, and Polish
Codiga is an AI static code analysis tool that empowers developers to write faster, better, and more secure code. It leverages AI to inspect code for vulnerabilities, bugs, and other issues. Codiga gives developers a birds-eye view of their code quality through easy-to-read reports.
Codiga works everywhere, from CI/CD to IDE. It is also highly secure — Codiga is OWASP 10, Sans/CWE Top 25, and MITRE CWE-certified.
Key features include:
- Static code analysis for early fixes
- Code snippets for common tasks to accelerate the SDLC
- Automated code reviews
- Integration with IDEs like VisualStudio, Bitbucket, VS Code, and JetBrains
13. Sourcegraph Cody
Sourcegraph Cody is an AI assistant that answers code questions and writes code for developers. Developers can use it to check coding and who has updated it. This makes coding less intimidating and more efficient.
For free access, teams can sign up through email, GitHub, and GitLab.
Sourcegraph Cody is a powerful AI code assistant. It can act as a pair programmer and analyze blocks of code for potential bugs.
Sourcegraph Cody offers the following features and more:
- Codebase-aware AI that learns from an organization's documentation and code graph
Unit tests and unit test recipes
- Code generation and completion
- Inline code fixes
- Documentation generation
Bugasura is an AI-powered bug-tracking tool. Developers can use it to report, track, and close bugs three times faster than other tools. Like other AI tools, it integrates with various IDEs and development tools, including GitHub and Jira.
Bugasura seamlessly integrates with project management and development tools. It provides the following features and more:
- Detailed bug reports
- A sleek user interface
- Automatically generated issue parameters
- Sprint management
- Customizable workflows
- The ability to add and invite multiple teams
Hire the Right Developers to Boost Productivity
For a highly efficient development team, you must first hire high-quality developers.
That's where Revelo comes in. We match companies with developers in U.S. time zones who have been rigorously vetted for soft skills, technical skills, and English proficiency. We also assist with payroll, local compliance, taxes, benefits administration, and employee management, so you can focus on boosting productivity and growing your business.
Contact us today to learn more and hire developers who can leverage AI to improve coding and developer productivity.