(From Freelancers To Outsourcing To Hiring Full-Time Remote Developers)
Angular is gaining popularity as a development solution because of its scalability, easy testing ability, and organized framework.
It has earned a solid reputation and is being adopted by more companies for frontend web design.
But Angular is still a complex coding language, and you often need a specialist Angular programmer for an application build.
Finding high quality, top-talent Angular developers can be tricky!
With the right know-how and access to the right recruitment platforms, you can make a difficult hiring process in a nuanced and technical field simple and easy, whether you hire:
- Freelance Angular Developers
- An Angular.JS Development Company
- A Tech-Enabled Recruitment Company
In this blog post, we will show you how to locate, attract, and hire Angular.JS developers and Angular 2 engineers.
We’ll discuss every step, from selection criteria, writing a development plan, and types of Angular engineers to hire, to interview questions, submission templates, offshore hires, and onboarding.
You will learn how to hire the best Angular developer for your company.
You will also gain some technical understanding of Angular, why it is popular, the benefits it offers, and how you can leverage the skills of an Angular engineer for your dynamic web apps.
Main Benefits of Angular
Angular web frameworks have become a favorite of top Fortune 500 companies such as Microsoft, Samsung, and Paypal.
30.7% of developers now apply different versions of Angular for user interfaces, and since 2019, the use of Angular in development has grown by 50%.
What drove the increased adoption rate? The positive reputation, and the overall popularity of the Angular framework.
Here are a few key benefits:
- Modular - Angular divides code into different buckets that most developers refer to as modules. With separate components, apps function better, and you can create reusable chunks that are far easier to organize.
- Test-Friendly - Application parts are easy to control, and since units or elements are independent of each other, testing is simple. You can confirm and optimize the performance of each application at the smallest level, in an orderly sequence.
- Maintainable and Consistent - Consistent code is critical to reducing errors and keeping efficiency up. Angular uses a simple MVC (model-view-controller for AngularJS) or MVVM (model-view-viewmodel) architecture that does not need to build additional code to connect controllers or components. Less code makes things lighter and faster, and for every 100-millisecond increase in page load time, you can expect a 1% revenue bump.
- Default Configuration - Angular uses a series of declarative UI features that are supported and battled-tested by Google. Developers can input several UI components that the Angular community and professional ecosystem have already made, helping increase workflows.
Angular vs AngularJS: What’s the Difference?
Angular JS was the first version of Angular to come out in 2010 by Google. Since then, a series of new and revamped versions of Angular (2+) have been released to help rework the issues found in the original JS structure.
Both Angular 2 and Angular JS are frontend frameworks meant to build dynamic web apps. While they both accomplish that goal, they differ in three distinct ways:
- AngularJS uses controllers, while Angular 2 uses components. Developers use controllers to define how an interface behaves (e.g., what happens when someone clicks a button). The components in Angular 2 operate in the same manner, but they are isolated from their surroundings, making them easier to adjust.
- Angular 2 helped solve some performance and compatibility issues found with AngularJS. Of note, Angular 2 was built for mobile users, while AngularJS does not support it. In addition, Angular 2 operates 5x faster due to its improved algorithms for data binding.
There are several other technical differences between the two structures, such as routing configurations, plugins used, overall system complexity, and expression syntax.
What Is Angular Used For?
Angular is a platform that builds single-page client web applications. In particular, it creates frontend interfaces.
Each page you browseis made by frontend developers. These coders want you to have an enjoyable digital experience, so they use Angular to build the app.
Every element you see, whether a drop-down tab, a slider, or a scroll bar, is coded with Angular. It even determines how fast and functional a program runs.
Angular developers ensure the right blend of design and interactivity, creating a positive frontend experience.
Which companies use Angular?
Hire the Top Angular Developers in Latin America within 48 Hours
1. Define Your Ideal Employee
2. We Vet Our Top Candidates
3. You Interview & Hire Your #1 Choice
Click HERE to discover how with Revelo
How to Hire Angular Developers: 4 Steps to Hiring Right the First Time
Angular is a large and unique framework, so finding the right specialist in a field of high demand can be tricky. Learning how to hire an Angular developer is a skill of its own.
We have listed some practical steps you can follow to ensure you find the right Angular web developer for your business.
Use each step to identify, attract, and hire a candidate who can build the interface you need.
1) Define Your Business Requirements
Without a clear description of your requirements, it is nearly impossible to find or hire an ideal engineer, whether they are a freelancer, from an Angular software development company, or you hire a remote employee through a tech-enabled recruitment company.
Defining the critical requirements of your business will help you locate someone with the expertise that best matches your needs. A freelance Angular hire has different expectations than a full-time hire.
A brand new application build should involve a different type of engineer than a development project that is halfway done.
Your entire interview approach and the criteria for the ideal hire will change based on the stage your frontend development project or business is in:
“I Have a New Business Idea”
Building a brand new app for your business from the ground up is often easier than adjusting or revamping old code.
These “greenfield projects” present your developers with a lot of freedom and room for creative leadership, but that also means they do not have a lot of base code to work off of.
A clear description that defines your goals and what you hope to achieve from your application will help you find the right talent.
You may need an Angular architect who can support the entire creation process. Detailed outlines of Angular developer responsibilities and the division of labor will offer direction while limiting possible errors.
Search for self-starters and engineers with leadership capabilities, and have them do a coding test to confirm their Angular developer skills.
“I Have an Existing Angular Development”
Existing businesses need a different set of skills than a new build. “Brownfield” developments carry constraints that can hamper the space an Angular engineer can work within.
Often, this involves deploying new and updated software systems inside of existing applications.
This becomes even more of a challenge in the presence of legacy systems, when software still operates but has become obsolete.
Compatibility issues with new technical architectures means your engineers should have an understanding of system extensions.
An expert in Angular can also manage debugging and DevOps for you in this scenario, and they will integrate new features that can optimize any old infrastructure.
“I Require Team Augmentation”
You might hire a team of developers for big workloads, but you may only need a boost in overall productivity that a short-term hire can help you with.
Or, you might already have excellent software development engineers, but they don’t have the direct experience or skill in Angular.
In these cases, it could be in your best interest to augment your team with an expert engineer, rather than reorganize your entire company workflow.
Hire software developers that can help fill the gaps where team support lags, or hire web developers that can give your team the skills it needs, helping improve overall results.
If you plan to augment your team, be sure to outline whether you prefer a junior (routine work and more training time), senior (extensive knowledge), or architect engineer (full app creation support).
How Many Angular Developers Are You Hiring?
The amount of Angular engineers you need can also affect your hiring process.
The search for a single Angular developer can be a more personal and independent process, while employing an entire Angular development team might involve a development company, or hiring through a tech-enabled recruitment company.
Choose the hiring model that best fits your application needs and the speed at which you need your project to be completed.
Hiring Short Term vs Long Term
For short-term, one-off projects, it is best to find an expert freelancer.
Short-term projects often have a tight timeline with specific elements that need adjustment, so there is no room for training or team onboarding.
While this may seem like a more costly approach, getting the job done right the first time, with as little hassle as possible, often has a better return on investment.
Also, focus on hiring an expert with the exact skills that relate to the short-term project (e.g., if needed, search for specific Angular JS frontend developer experience).
For long-term projects, it is a good idea to find Angular developers or development teams that demonstrate teamwork and enthusiasm. This can be done through a development company or hiring your own full-time developers (either local or remote).
With larger app creation, there is more time for onboarding and company integration.
This can give you opportunities for training, and you can invest in particular engineers (e.g., hire full stack developers or android app developers) that connect well with the various stakeholders of your company.
Include experienced Angular interview questions within your hiring process to help determine the skill level of your candidate and if they will fit best with a short-term or long-term app build.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Hiring Freelance Angular Developers?
- No lengthy contracts or commitments
- No yearly salaries
- Take advantage of the previous freelancers reviews
- Employ quickly
- Freelancer is not as committed to you
- Response times could be slow
- Freelancers will have multiple clients
- Potential of being “ghosted” (where the freelancers just disappear)
- Potential of missed deadlines as they juggle multiple clients
- Potential lack of communication
- They may not be true Angular specialists or experts (and you may not find out for weeks)
What Experience Level Are You Looking for?
Junior Angular Developer - A junior developer usually has 0 to 2 years of experience. They help support existing app developers and receive hands-on training. They should have technical knowledge of integrating components and Angular coding.
Middle-Level Angular Developer - Usually has 2 to 5 years experience (both middle-level Angular 2 and middle-level Angular.JS developers). They often start to take leadership positions in UI design, and begin spearheading software builds requested by other business teams or stakeholders.
Senior Angular Developer - Senior Angular experts have at least 5 years of experience with frontend development. They have extensive knowledge of coding with Angular, and they are comfortable running a team.
Expert Angular Architects - Angular architects can work with multiple versions of Angular. They predominantly focus on new app builds, from conception to completion. Architects often lead several development teams from across the globe.
Is It Worth Using an AngularJS Development Company? (a.k.a. Outsourcing Company)
There are numerous Angular development agencies (for both Angular 2 and AngularJS) who build your app or website with their existing development team.
Speed and access to experts are some potential benefits.
If you go this route, you are hiring the vendor, not the engineer, so transparency is limited. Plus, the cost is often higher with an Angular development company because of markups.
You can also run into issues with your codebase, as the need for timely project completion can lead to errors.
Make sure that you include an ownership clause in your contracts with an Angular development firm to avoid potential legal issues. These companies are numerous, and they all have their own internal processes that could cause issues that extend your hiring timeline.
There are Angular consulting services you can connect with for additional help. An Angular consulting company can provide high-level input and advice for you and/or your development team that can prove valuable.
When hiring an Angular development agency, make a detailed outline of the tasks and responsibilities so that you can enjoy the speed the company provides with fewer mistakes.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Using Outsourcing Companies?
- Efficient with team hires or team augmentation
- Hire dedicated Angular developers for specific labour requirements
- Save time and hassle throughout the hiring process
- A focus on quantity rather than quality
- Collaboration can be difficult
- No long-term development
- Issues with regional schedules or differences in time zones
- Less control over your application build
- No opportunity for training or team integration
2) Describe Your Ultimate Developer or Angular Development Team (the Case for Hiring Full-Time Developers)
Now that you have a clear understanding of your business requirements and the scope of your application build, you can turn your attention to finding the right engineer match.
You know what you need, so now you can ask the right questions that attract and locate the best Angular developer candidate.
In this next section, we will create engineer personas you can use during the hiring process to distinguish the developers who have the perfect characteristics needed for your business.
Single Developer or Team
If you plan to hire a single developer, consider the soft skills of communication, teamwork, and a coachable disposition.
You will be working closely with your engineer when you hire them full-time so the ability to understand feedback, make changes, and effectively communicate are important.
For a team, you not only need to understand their proficiency and communication skills individually, but also how they interact with you and each other.
AngularJS development services often have you in touch with one or perhaps two points of contact, but you won’t necessarily have access to the actual engineers directly, which is why hiring directly can give you greater control in all senses.
Whether you hire a single Angular expert or a team, make sure you vet and review the attitude of your potential candidates.
Your new hire will represent your company and may integrate with other key stakeholders, so take note of soft skills that are important to you in regards to position and company fit.
When possible, establish clear hierarchies of command or internal controls to keep the team productive and efficient.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Using a Tech-Enabled Recruitment Company to Build Your Own Development Team?
- Recruit high-quality engineers who are reliable and committed to your company
- Hire an engineer engaged with your company that wants to contribute to its success
- Training opportunities and onboarding can improve collaboration
- Reviews and feedback sessions are effective because the engineer is committed to your business and its goals
- Payment structures and remuneration operations are covered for you
- Hire a skilled engineer who will be on-call for emergencies
- End the employment with 30-days notice
- Good review and vetting assessments
- Lower hiring costs for advanced developers by collecting a pool of top-level talent that you can select from
- Committing to a yearly salary
- Locating the ideal candidate can take time
- Being presented with talent that might not be a company fit
If English is your preferred language choice, finding developers that can communicate effectively in English is critical to your success.
A mishap that occurred because of something lost in translation is nobody's first wish.
There is a lot of technical jargon and creative development that occurs in a frontend application build, so the ability to communicate well in a shared language is important.
You may want someone who is native in English, but this can limit your prospect pool, and you might miss out on incredibly talented engineers. Consider what level of language proficiency you need.
Knowledge Level and Qualifications
Ask your potential hire, development teams, Angular JS development companies, or tech-enabled recruitment companies to present any qualifications or certifications that the developers may have.
You can also ask junior or middle level developers to complete test screenings. Pair programming tends to work best with senior Angular JS experts—you can ask them to talk through their approach and explain why they made certain choices.
Ask some technical questions in the interview itself, such as:
- What are lifecycle hooks in Angular? Explain some lifecycle hooks.
- Could we make an Angular application to render on the server-side?
- What is the AOT (ahead-of-time) compilation? What are its advantages?
- Can you explain the concept of scope hierarchy in Angular?
You can also take a look at any work your potential hire has added to Github for more insight.
There are also several different versions of Angular—ensure that your candidate is proficient in the version you wish to use and that they have worked with the software recently.
Experience and Previous Companies Worked for
Asking the potential hire what companies they have worked for in the past and any particular high-level projects they have coded on can help you determine their overall experience level.
An Angular engineer that has worked on the frontend design for companies known to use Angular, like Microsoft or Samsung, speaks volumes about their technical abilities.
You can also ask your candidate if they have worked for any particular Angular JS development companies or software development agencies to better understand their work history and to determine their overall skill level.
Development Process and Efficiency
It’s important to ask questions in the interview process that allow you to measure the speed and efficiency each prospective hire can maintain throughout a complete application design.
In particular, ask how the coder might solve a problem or troubleshoot a specific technical issue. Take note of how they resolve an issue and take ownership.
You can also request that a candidate writes out their standard coding process, and if possible, use screening tools and test formats to understand their workflow.
Defining success metrics and how the developer communicates their workflow process can keep your business and its various projects on track.
Outline a legible method for reporting so that deadlines and timesheets are maintained, and then explain that process to a potential hire.
Take note of how the candidate organizes their time, and if possible, ask about any software or reporting tools they use to communicate their progress.
Flexibility has become a desired element in an engineer.
With the advent of digital communication, many coders will work outside the standard daily work hours. Plus, top Angular developers are found globally, with talent living in several different time zones.
If rapid and available communication is a priority for your business, consider the availability of your hire.
Do not hesitate to ask about emergency situations. Is the developer able to work on rebuilds or make last-minute changes to the code they write? This could be critical for certain priority tasks you have.
For long-term hires, it can be helpful to outline your development plan. This is of particular importance when hiring an Angular architect for a ground-level project.
Explain in detail the key performance indicators and ensure that the development plan achieves your business needs.
Learn More: Software Development KPIs for Managers, Developers, and Teams
Employee accountability is an important aspect to look into for your hire, as it will help determine if they will complete tasks on time, meet deadlines, show up to work shifts on time, and take responsibility for errors or mistakes.
Confirm your candidate’s schedule, proposed work hours, and ability to be present for required work hours.
Plan for review sessions that can resolve any questions or concerns. Use these meetings to locate inefficiencies or any bottlenecks to the project or business timeline.
A clear delegation of everyone's duties and remuneration will limit any issues, and it will hold both you and your hire accountable to each other.
Inquire during the hiring process how the candidate can integrate within the workflow of an existing team of engineers.
You want your hire to augment the current team's technical abilities and to work collaboratively with others.
Take note of the candidate's response if you plan to hire a lead engineer or an architect who will involve themselves in every detail of a project and have creative control.
Ideally, the prospective hire is a team player and will collaborate happily.
You’re looking to add an employee that you can count on to deliver results.
To discover a candidate's reliability, take advantage of any referrals, testimonials, or letters of recommendations from previous employers.
A recruitment specialist's own reputation is built on their ability to locate the top echelon of talent, so you can trust that they’re putting forward higher calibre candidates.
Attitude and Mindset
A positive mindset and an overall desire to learn are sought-after soft skills in any job scenario, and they are important skills for an Angular engineer too.
Stay aware of a candidate's reactions to a screening test and how they answer difficult questions, such as why they left their last job and how they solve tough coding scenarios.
Ask them if they are open to more training opportunities, or if they will attend educational events that will boost their career path. The answers can help you gauge if this is a hire who is excited to grow within your company.
No matter the project or whether it is a long-term or short-term hire, the engineer needs to fit within the overall culture of your company.
Your business has a variety of internal controls that maintain an efficient and safe work environment. Will the candidate fit in well in that environment?
The engineer will also network within the industry and are, therefore, representing your company to a certain extent.
A good understanding of the engineer's attitude and mindset will help you understand who is best to hire.
How to Position Yourself to Hire an Angular Developer
How you go about finding the right developer or development team is the biggest factor to consider when hiring an Angular developer, but there’s also the job role, the position description, interviews, and salary that will all influence the type of candidates you’re hoping to attract.
In general, a good Angular developer is looking for the following information:
- A clear description of their duties (type of application, programming language, etc.)
- Technical skills outline (which version of Angular, experience with HTML or CSS, etc.)
- Scope of the project or hire (short-term or long-term, type of application build, etc.)
- Required experience levels (junior, mid-level, senior, or architect)
- Office culture overview (work hours, overtime, team or singular application development, etc.)
Being clear about job details and expectations will help you position your company well in the eyes of the best possible candidates.
Engineers are also highly intelligent, so keep your job description for an Angular JS developer information-rich, yet sharp and to the point.
List out technical requirements of the role in detail, as this can have the candidate either qualify or disqualify themselves, saving you valuable time.
The more details you include, the easier it will be to hire an Angular developer that is exactly who you’re looking for.
Job Description Example for an Angular.JS Developer: (Fill in the Blank to Write Your Project Outline)
Learn and grow with a talented group, and enjoy flexible hours within this full-time position. (Include any additional company info.)
We are looking for an _____________ engineer who can handle the frontend coding for a variety of clients. Your primary focus will be ________________.
Your success will rely on __________________ and proficient knowledge of ____________. You will design, build, and deliver new code according to company specifications, and you will be empowered to take on new technologies and learn new approaches.
- Build and develop all elements of a frontend application as required
- Write tested code that ensures reliable performance
- Coordinate workflow with all stakeholders
- Conduct performance tests and debugging
- Integrate with any existing applications or developed environments
- (Add other duties as needed)
- Degree in Computer Science or related work experience
- Proficiency with Angular 4+, Typescript, and CSS3
- Complete knowledge of AngularJS frameworks and best practices
- Ability to create aesthetic interfaces and components that are modular in design Dynamic understanding of web services, databases, APIs, and proxies used
- Previous experience in automated testing and debugging
- Complex problem-solving skills
- Soft skills such as multitasking, task management, ability to learn, collaboration, and leadership
- Ability to contribute to architectural meetings with a frontend application perspective
- Experience writing nodeJS scripts
- Capable of writing e2e test cases for each line of code
- (Add other frameworks or coding libraries you want your engineer to have experience in, as well as any specific preferred skill sets.)
Benefits and Remuneration:
- Training and education opportunities with new libraries or programming languages
- Exposure to new technologies such as REACT, SQL, and REST API
- Industry expected salary of $____________
- Health benefits including dental, life insurance, and vision care
- Ideal work conditions with paid time off and company pension plans
- (Add any additional company benefits as needed.)
4) How to Screen Angular Developers when Hiring on Gig Platform Websites
Depending on the job description for the Angular developer and requirements for your app builds, finding talent from a freelance or gig platform might suit.
Affordability, access to global talent, a double-blind rating system, and the overall flexibility these platforms offer are a few key benefits.
How to Screen Developers from Gig Platforms…
Qualified freelancers on a gig platform will be looking for new jobs to apply to, so you can expect a number of submissions once you post your job description.
Send each applicant through the following screening process to help you locate the ideal candidates:
Their Pitch: With a clear job description, you will already be able to get an understanding of each candidate based on their initial pitch.
Take note of how they communicate, the confidence they have when responding to technical information, and their enthusiasm for the role.
This is your first interaction with the potential hire, and you can already gauge their ability to communicate during this step.
Their Portfolio: Most gig platforms allow the engineer to showcase their Angular developer portfolio to you.
The portfolio will host direct examples of their work and should give you a good overview of their experience, previous job history, and an introductory glance at their frontend design (most engineers build an app for their portfolios).
Not everything in a portfolio is single-handedly built by that specific engineer. The candidate might have joined a team at the end stages of the creation process.
If a portfolio item catches your eye, ask the candidate about their role within that particular entry.
Their Reviews: Almost all freelancers include reviews of their own to showcase completed jobs, and gig platforms often list user reviews on the engineer's profile.
Peruse through any reviews to gain some helpful insights on how the freelancer’s previous coding jobs proceeded.
Other companies that hire from gig platforms will leave constructive feedback about a particular freelancer that can inform your decision.
Request a Video Interview: Once you have selected a smaller pool of potential candidates, it is a good idea to have a video interview.
You can interact with the freelancer and get a better understanding of their personality.
If you are looking for Angular.JS developers for hire, who will be a good fit within the company culture, this is a very useful step in the screening process.
Ask about the candidate's job history, experience, technical knowledge, and development process to get a well-rounded understanding of the individual.
Communication Skills: Use the introductory pitch to determine the candidate's written communication skills, the portfolio to understand their ability to create client-facing apps, and the video interview to judge interpersonal behaviour and hard/soft skills.
Trial Them with a Small Task First (Pre-Employments Tests / Skills Assessments):
Begin with a paid trial to assess the final applicant's technical skills.
Not only will you be able to observe the Angular engineer's development process in action, but you can confirm which hire has the necessary abilities to complete the job requirements.
There are several online tools you can use to test your candidate’s skills as an Angular engineer (and as an AngularJS freelancer) such as Code Submit or Adaface.
Alternatively, you can also have them tackle a small subsection of a current app build you have in progress to see how they fit within your company and any development teams.
Be sure to test the engineer in all technical skill sets that you need—if you need HTML and CSS coding in addition to Angular frameworks, include those screening requirements.
Interview Questions to Ask an Angular Developer
To keep the interview process quick and efficient, it is a good idea to prepare a series of questions beforehand.
Use the following Angular interview questions to effectively determine the ideal candidate for the job:
Personality and Behavioral Questions:
- Tell me about a software problem that occurred and the steps you took to remedy the situation.
- Do you contribute to open-source software?
- Tell me about a personal project or technology that excites you?
- How do you approach programming development in both an individual and collaborative setting?
Previous Work Experience Questions:
- What resources do you draw on when programming?
- Have you disagreed with a boss or manager on a project? How did you solve the issue?
- Please describe your most recent Angular project.
Punctuality and Reliability Questions:
- When do you consider a project to be finished?
- Are you available during the company's official work hours?
- What is your preferred method of communication and contact hours?
- What are Angular Expressions?
- Please describe what controllers are and their function.
- What are directives in Angular?
- What is data binding in Angular?
- What is the difference between a service and a factory?
- Describe what an Angular ahead-of-time compiler does.
- What is RsJX?
- What is an Angular Router?
- What are modules?
- What is dependency injection in Angular?
- Please describe what pipes are.
- Please describe the purpose of a service.
- Explain what lifecycle hooks in Angular are.
You may not need to use each of the questions listed, as some of the senior Angular interview questions will serve no purpose for short-term hires or team augmentation with a junior engineer.
Hiring Angular Developers from Various Countries: Latin America vs Africa vs Eastern Europe vs India vs Asia (Which Is Best?)
Where your potential Angular engineer lives can affect your hiring decision.
Top-level talent live in a wide variety of places, and different locations offer you several advantages:
- Cost-Effectiveness - Developers from each country have their own Angular developer salary expectations, so you can work with coders from a country that suits your budget.
- Time Zone Flexibility - Time zones can work for or against you. Generally, it’s best to have your Angular engineer in your own time zone (or similar) so that you can communicate quickly, fix any urgent problems, and work more cohesively.
- Employee Flexibility or Retention - Find, hire, and retain an Angular software engineer by searching from an expanded global pool of talent that allows you to find an engineer that fits your needs.
- World-Class Quality of Code - Find, hire, and employ top developers, regardless of location.
- Access to Growing Tech Infrastructure - Rapidly growing countries such as Brazil have invested extensively in their tech infrastructure and software houses, leading to explosive growth of talent and skill in software programming. Find highly educated and well-connected engineers in these open markets.
- Improve Time to Market - Lower-cost developers in foriegn countries can increase your speed to market while keeping your costs lower than hiring programmers in the US.
- Mitigate Disruptions - Create a team of global Angular engineers who are invested in your company and will work to see it succeed. If issues arise, you can rely on your candidates to limit service disruptions and attempt to prevent any emergency situations.
Benefits when you hire Angular developers in Latin America
- High rate of growth
- Developed tech infrastructure
- High-level education
- Cultural connections
- Lower costs
- Versatile talent
Benefits when you hire Angular developers in Africa
- Competitive work ethic
- Lower costs
- Fast rate of development
Benefits when you hire Angular developers in Eastern Europe
- Skilled talent pool
- Few language barriers
- Potential time zone benefits
- Developed education systems
Benefits when you hire Angular developers in India
- Extensive talent pool
- Comfortable working with foreign companies
Benefits when you hire Angular developers in Asia
- Rapid growth in technical fields
- Developed education systems
Hire The Best Angular Developers For Half The Cost
Hire the best Angular Developers in Latin America, in your USA time zone… AND for half the cost of hiring in the USA’
Click here to hire developers >
Angular Developer Hiring: 4 Common Mistakes to Avoid
Mistake #1: Hiring an inexperienced developer
Since there are so many unique programming languages, many developers can have a great resume—but not always the exact skills you need. Make sure you include accurate skills testing when hiring expert Angular software developers.
Mistake #2: Limiting candidates to local developers
Language, time zones, and cultural differences can deter some companies from hiring talent in a different region. This closes them off to expert and up-and-coming talent that could be far more advantageous than local developers.
Mistake #3: Forgetting to leverage recruitment specialists
It can be difficult to give up control on every aspect of the hiring and interview process, but recruitment specialists have access to some of the very best talent pools. Recruiters can vet, test, and review developers so that you no longer have to.
Mistake #4: Hiring for speed rather than quality
Some developers are highly proficient, and their work ethic can be perfect for a last-minute deadline. But that can also lead to costly errors that can lower team efficiency and ROI over the long term. Hire Angular JS developers for competency and quality over quantity.
How to Know What Your Developer Is Working on
Creating an environment of efficiency that maximizes developer effectiveness requires time and effort, but it results in better quality work for you.
Most often, developers work best when they are not micromanaged and have the space to accomplish deep work that maximizes their value.
Meetings, system alerts, false positives, and the misplacement of logs for error reports can break up their flow.
To track what a developer is working on without disrupting their ideal conditions for effective coding, take advantage of a version control system.
Version control systems allow you and your Angular engineer to track the changes made during software development.
Angular engineers use a variety of tools within an Angular framework to change local code—and having a system that organizes each branch allows for easy organization and review.
Branches also allow different engineers to collaborate on different tasks while building the same code, improving team efficiency.
Best of all, a version control system gives a history of changes and can revert to previous versions, meaning you have a simple way to track your developer's contributions.
Github is a known version control system you can use. It also has a network that can connect other engineers with open-source versions of code if needed.
Use Expert Angular Developer Recruiters Find You The Right Candidate?
With Revelo… our experienced tech recruiters find the right developer for your company, with our pool of expert Angular developers in Latin America.
Remote Payroll Management Tips for Your Offshore Angular Development Team
You will have different payroll considerations to manage when you hire offshore Angular developers.
When you hire remote developers, each country will have varying payment and tax laws that will alter the logistics of remuneration. Be sure to research those specifics during the hiring process.
However, there are a couple of ways you can make remote and offshore payroll simple and easy. Payment processing software such as Deel, Papaya Global, and Hubstaff to help you keep track of outgoing payments.
With a freelancer platform, you can use the platform’s payment infrastructure to facilitate payment.
When hiring remote, full-time engineers through a recruitment specialist, you simply pay the recruitment company who in turn pays the developers.
Salary, benefits, legal matters, perks, and contracting are all handled for you, all while getting some of the top talent available.
If you outsource Angular development, the development company is responsible for paying the developers, and you’ll simply pay a monthly invoice for their service.
The country from which you’re hiring will obviously have the biggest influence on the Angular JS salary you’ll be responsible for. And of course, if you hire offshore developers, you’ll be saving money versus hiring locally within the USA.
Consider each of these factors before you hire an Angular JS programmer or Angular 2 developer to ensure you’re keeping your costs as low as possible while hiring the best possible developers.
Remote Team Payroll Management Made Easy
With Revelo… our HR experts manage your remote team payroll so you know exactly where you stand financially with your team at any point in time.
Onboarding New Angular Developers: 11-Point Checklist
Onboarding your new developer can help set them on the path to success from the start. Providing conditions that promote effective work allows you to drive value and production from your hire on day one.
Follow this checklist to ensure you have created an atmosphere where your newly hired Angular programmer can thrive:
- HR Setup - Welcome your new hire to the company with a phone call or email on their first day. You can also use that time to collect any personal and tax details, as well as explain any necessary security or password protocols.
- Payment Details and Contract Signatures - Ensure that your contract and terms of agreement are signed and filed with your full-time hire.
- Connect with the Lead Architect or Mentor - If possible, connect the new hire with the Angular project manager, mentor, or senior developer to whom they will report the majority of their technical work to. This will be of great help to junior engineers.
- Integrate with the Team - Your new hire will be joining a new development team and work environment, so set aside some time where they can learn the workflows that your current engineers follow.
- Communication Setup - Set up all company emails, communication software, phone messaging, and any other forms of communication. A clear communication structure is of great importance for remote workers.
- Management Software Setup - Connect and integrate the new hire into your various project management and task organizing software. Offer tutorials if the software is complex. Trello and Asana are typical software applications you can use.
- Version Control - Install any source control devices, work diaries, or timesheets onto company hardware (or the engineer’s own computer, if applicable). These apps will manage and log changes made to existing software code, as well as give you updates of the work your engineer has completed.
- Company Documents and Internal Controls - Present any pertinent documents that outline the company culture (work breaks, how to ask for support, workplace comfort, etc.) and the level of professionalism expected in the workplace. Onboard Angular developers with expectations that they will represent your company.
- Hardware Setup and Unit Testing - Ship and provide any necessary hardware or software that the engineer needs to perform their job, if applicable, and allow them time to test and experiment with it.
- Onboarding Code Environment Setup - Explain your company developer environment to your new engineer, and allow them to tackle a low-risk task to trial any new or company-specific coding practices.
- Review - Set a date for a check-in with the new hire to review their work and offer support as they adjust to your work conditions.
Angular Development Timeline
It is important to map out your entire development plan. A clear outline of your business goals and how you hope to achieve them will keep everyone on track, meeting deadlines, and successfully completing a seamless application or software build.
Outline the following steps in detail to support your development teams and your Angular engineers:
- Business Analysis - Document everything about the web app including its function, purpose, and proposed architecture. Compare these demands to your business output, budget, and expenditures so that you achieve a positive return on your investment.
Consultations with any stakeholders, Angular development services, and any additional teams involved with the project can locate benefits, as well as make note of potential issues before they arise. At the end of this stage, you should have detailed documentation with specific requirements outlined. Include mockups when possible.
If you are unsure of the technical implications of the application build and how they integrate with your business, it is a good idea to involve an Angular business consultant.
- UX and UI Design - Good UX and UI strikes a balance between a positive experience for your application users and the execution of your business needs. Designers will plan out your client-facing screens and create navigation maps. Include your architect or Angular front end developer in this stage as they will confirm if a specific design can be built and at what cost.
- Frontend Development - The front end Angular developer will create the interface of your web app. Teams will attempt to render the exact design outlined in the previous two stages. The large bulk of expense and time occurs in this stage.
- Testing - There will be errors in the code that need fixing, and the entire app will need several series of tests to ensure that every element is functioning as it should.
- Soft Launch - Launch your app, but use this time to do more testing with priority users. Even if the app is working well, you can glean great insight from the reviews given by well-informed and targeted customers.
- Maintenance - Quality work takes time, so use the post-launch period to observe and correct any issues that may arise. Some aspects of the web app may falter, so keep an eye on system maintenance as you make changes that better fit your user.
- Public Release - Release your application to the general public, and continue to evaluate the user's experience. You may now attract new customers that are unfamiliar with your new frontend design, so continue to optimize the app as needed. More debugging will occur, and if required, start a new plan for a second version (if more features are needed) or necessary updates.
How to Ensure Your Website or App Is Delivered on Time
There are a number of things you can do to keep your freelancer, outsourced Angular developer, or development team on track and up to speed.
Keep the following tips in mind to help increase your Angular engineers efficiency:
- Invest in Training - For short-term projects, this might not be needed, but for most application or software builds, giving your hire space to learn and grow will pay dividends in the long run. Engineers code in different ways, so let your lead Angular developer instruct how the current app build will proceed, and let your new hire have time to explore that developer environment.
- Use Tracking Apps and Project Management Tools - Accurate time measurement becomes effective time management. Use the variety of tools available to help keep teams organized. The importance of these digital solutions becomes even greater if your engineer works in a different region and time zone.
- Include Weekly Update Meetings - Set aside time each week to review the work that has been accomplished. Check in on the progress that has been made, any issues that arose, and brainstorm how to resolve problems that threaten an upcoming deadline. This is also a great time to field any questions or complaints that arise from your hire.
- Outline a Business Hierarchy - Provide direct tasks to your Angular engineer, especially if they are at the junior level. If they are working under a lead architect, a strong understanding of reporting and any business practices will help segment a clear division of labour. It is also helpful if you can solve any issues that your hire might have with business workflow and their overall comfort.
How Do I Hire an Angular Developer?
- Describe your need
- Define your ideal Angular engineer
- Determine how you want to hire your engineer
- Create a requirements list
- Conduct interviews
What Does an Angular Developer Do?
What Should I Look for in an Angular Developer?
Look for an Angular engineer who is technically competent, a team player, and able to drive value for your company.
What Are the Roles and Responsibilities of an Angular Developer?
Depending on the level of expertise, an Angular engineer is responsible for the delivery of a frontend application that ensures a high-quality experience for the user.
How Much Do Angular Developers Cost?
Costs change depending on hiring model, skill level, and location.
Which Methodology Do You Follow for Developing Enterprise-Grade Web Applications?
Every application is unique and will depend on the input of your designers, business consultants, and Angular engineers. Follow the steps outlined in the article above to keep your project on track.
Is It Possible to Migrate an Existing Web App into an Angular App?
A full migration would require your engineer to rewrite code. You can migrate the app over in blocks, helping keep service interruptions low.
With the immense popularity of Angular, you might be interested in hiring a dedicated Angular developer or architect from either a development company, a tech-enabled recruitment company, or a freelancer.
Use all the details, tips, and tricks outlined in this article to help find the right Angular specialist for your company.
Bookmark this page, and link back to it whenever you need help—if you want to source some exact interview questions, if you forget the details for finding engineers in offshore regions, or if you need to recheck any general inquiry, you can refer to the information found here.
Angular Developer Vetting Process: How We Hire the Best
1. Developers Apply to the Revelo Platform
2. Revelo Screens Every Candidate and Selects the Best
3. We Present You With The Top Developer For Your Requirements