If you want to create a visually appealing cross-platform app with a strong user interface, consider hiring a Flutter developer. These programmers can use Flutter, an open-source Google framework, to create natively compiled multi-platform apps from a single codebase.
To hire the right Flutter developer for your project, you must write a clear and comprehensive job description. Keep reading to see our Flutter developer job description template. We've included all the necessary sections to make your job post stand out and help you hire the best Flutter programmer to work alongside your team.
Flutter Developer Job Description Template
Writing a Flutter developer job description can be daunting if you have never hired a Flutter developer before. Below are the essential sections to include to ensure you attract top-tier talent.
Begin with a summary of your company, why you're hiring a Flutter developer, and the role you envision your Flutter developer playing. This section should be four sentences long at the maximum — save additional details for the other sections.
Here's a sample job overview:
Founded in [year], [company name] is [a short description of your company's size and industry]. We are in [city, state] and seek to [company's mission statement or purpose]. We want to hire an experienced [seniority, i.e., junior or senior] Flutter developer with [number] years of experience to create cross-platform [type of app, i.e., weather or games] apps. This is a [hybrid, remote, or in-person] role in [location for hybrid and in-person roles].
Flutter Developer Responsibilities
Although Flutter development roles and responsibilities vary depending on the company and scope of work, most Flutter devs will be tasked with the following duties:
- Build and ship powerful apps to [list of platforms, such as iOS and Android] devices using a single codebase
- Write readable code using Dart programming language
- Produce clear documentation
- Understand UI design concepts and develop user-friendly mobile applications using Flutter
- Mentor entry-level developers [if you're hiring mid-level and senior developers]
- Identify and fix issues in development, testing, and production
Flutter Developer Qualifications
Next, list the role's qualifications. Most companies require Flutter developers to have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or information technology
- Fluency in Dart
Flutter Developer Skills
You also need to list the soft and hard skills associated with the role.
Soft skills are interpersonal and communication skills that enable hires to get along with colleagues. Hires can also use this set of skills to produce clear documentation, meet deadlines on and ahead of time, and mentor others. Meanwhile, hard or technical skills are skills, knowledge, and expertise gained through work experiences or education. Hires must have solid hard skills if they are to perform tasks.
High-performing Flutter developers should have the following comprehensive soft skills:
- Problem-solving skills
- Time management skills
- Organization skills
- Emotional intelligence and empathy
- Oral and written communication skills
Flutter developers should possess the following hard skills:
- Knowledge of Flutter framework and Dart language
- Experience using REST application programming interfaces (APIs)
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming languages like C++ and Java
- Good understanding of app architecture
- Understanding of Flutter framework and Dart language
- Experience developing high-quality mobile apps natively on multiple platforms like Android and iOS
- Familiarity with version control tools, such as Subversion and Git
- Experience using integrated software development environments (IDEs), such as VS Code and Android Studio
Flutter developers should have a broad range of technical skills, including the following:
- Robust debugging and testing skills
- Experience working remotely and coordinating tasks with different teams and departments
- Understanding of [preferred project management methodology, such as Scrum] principles and experience working on [project management methodology] teams
- Understanding of progressive web apps (PWAs), Azure DevOps, and Firebase
- Experience performing code reviews as part of the continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) cycle
Compensation and Benefits
Tell applicants about the role's salary range and benefits. The more comprehensive salary and benefits packages are, the more likely you’ll attract and retain top candidates. Attractive benefits include health insurance, tuition reimbursement, professional development, a dog-friendly office, and a remote work model.
Finally, write a short paragraph and describe your company. Tell candidates why the company was founded, its preferred project management methodology, its purpose, and accolades, if any. Flutter developers want to work for companies that match their priorities and align with their work ethic and goals.
Hire Flutter Developers With Revelo
Finding suitable Flutter developers can be challenging. Besides writing a job description, you must also vet and test applicants for hard and soft skills.
Fortunately, Revelo can streamline hiring by matching you with seasoned Flutter developers in Latin America. Our developers are located in and near U.S. time zones and have been thoroughly screened for English fluency and soft and technical skills. We can also help you with onboarding, compliance, taxes, payroll, and benefits administration.
Interested in hiring Flutter developers today? Contact us to get started.