Web developer is a very popular term used in today's industry. A web developer is responsible for the coding, design and layout of a website according to a company or client's specifications. A web developer is someone who creates and maintains websites and they are also involved in the look, feel, and functionality of a website.
Web developers must have a strong understanding of programming languages and web development applications. They should also be able to work with various teams within an organization, as well as independently when needed.
Web Developer Job Description Template
Clearly mention your requirements along with the tasks that the prospective candidate will do after joining your organization. Be crisp and clear with your objectives so that the candidate knows exactly what to expect from this job opportunity.
For this job, you will need to be able to code, design, and maintain websites. You should have a strong understanding of web development principles and be able to use various coding languages.
You will need to be able to come up with new and innovative ideas that will set your website apart from the rest. You will also need to be able to take a client's or employer's vision and turn it into reality.
To further gauge applicants' knowledge once they've applied, ask them more in-depth web development interview questions tailored to their experience level.
Web Developer Job Responsibilities
This is probably the most important section of any job description. Therefore, you should be super clear about the responsibilities associated with the job for which you are looking for a suitable candidate. In a pointed manner, list down all the major responsibilities that you want the candidate to fulfill if they join your organization.
- Creating and maintaining websites
- ensuring that websites are accessible and easy to use
- designing web pages
- creating and testing applications for the web
- working with code libraries
- Testing the website before it goes live
- Making sure that site is secure against any cyber attacks
Web Developer Job Requirements
This is an optional section where you can list down any additional skills/requirements that you expect from the candidate.
- HTML: HyperText Markup Language is the standard markup language for documents designed to be displayed in a web browser. A web developer must have a strong understanding of HTML in order to create and maintain websites.
- CSS: Cascading Style Sheets is a style sheet language used for describing the presentation of a document written in a markup language. A web developer must have a strong understanding of CSS in order to create and maintain websites.
- PHP: PHP is a server-side scripting language that is used to create dynamic web pages. A web developer must have a strong understanding of PHP in order to create and maintain websites.
- MySQL: MySQL is a database management system that is used to store data for websites. A web developer must have a strong understanding of MySQL in order to create and maintain databases for websites.
- Good time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- A keen eye for detail and a commitment to quality
- A willingness to learn new technologies and keep up with industry trends.
- High school diploma or equivalent is typically required. However, some employers may prefer applicants who have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.